This guide has been prepared to show you the required steps involved in adding sticky notes on your Amazon Alexa Echo device or the Alexa app on your phone or tablet. The guide covers all Show devices. The sticky note feature is useful across a household to be able to add reminders and little notes onto your devices.
Sticky notes let you share information with everyone in your home. If you create a Sticky note, it then pins itself onto your device as a widget on your home screen. If your device doesn’t support widgets, the Alexa app also shows Sticky notes in the Lists and Notes section.
Should you have any difficulties please don’t hesitate to get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have also created a series of videos to help you, which you can find on our YouTube Channel.
Setting Up Sticky Notes On Your Alexa Device #
Setting up sticky notes on your Alexa device is very simple, all you need to do is say one of these three commands.
- “Alexa create a sticky”
- “Alexa add a sticky note”
- “Alexa make a new sticky note”
After you have said one of these options, the device will ask you what you want it to say and will also give you the option to type it. if you want to edit the sticky note after you have created you can by tapping it and then it will give you the option to re-type it. If you want to delete the sticky note you can by saying “Alexa un-pin sticky”. if you have multiple you want to delete, simply say “Alexa delete all notes”.
Setting Up Sticky Notes On The Alexa App #
To set up sticky notes on the Alexa app is just as simple.
- Tap ‘more’ at the bottom right of your screen
- Tap ‘lists and notes’ at the top, this will then take you to the lists part of the page
- Tap the Notes tab which is located on the right and it will take you to a page which says “Add Note”
- Tap the plus sign on the screen and it will bring up a sticky note you can type in what you wish
- You can then save this sticky note and edit and delete it at any point. while you have this sticky note saved it also gives you the option to make more.
So that’s how to use Alexa sticky notes. We’d love to know what use cases that you use it for. We like using it as a visual reminder to do tasks and to leave messages for the kids.
For further tips on using Amazon Alexa and helping you to get familiar with the features, we’ve also prepared a general guide on how to use the reminders functionality which you can access here.
We hope that you’ve found this guide useful, if you would like to be kept updated periodically when new content is available you can subscribe here.